Subject: x & ioctls, & mount_union
To: None <port-mac68k@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Rick Hawkins <rhawkins@iastate.edu>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 04/24/1997 07:48:34
> You don't need either FPSP or FPU_EMULATE if you have a IIci.

Which leads to the majic question:  what *should* i have around in
the system?

I'm trying to create a current kernel that will run X.  Come to
think of it, that isn't even exactly what I need :)   I need to
create *any* 1.2 kernel that will both run X and support
mount_union (and SBC).   Currently, I have current source, the
most recent snapshots of base, comp, xserver, and xbase.   The
sbc.28 kernel does work with X.

And now that i think of it, these kernels that I've created have
also claimed not to support mount_union when i've tried it.

A couple of weeks back, wehn mount_union came up, creating myown
kernel was suggested.  But now that I look into GENERIC, it seems
that mount_union is supposedly already supported.  I've tried as
both "mount -t union" and "mount_union", with no success, both
under the sbc.28 and compiling my own.

While I'm babbling about kernels, can i remove the rom adb line?
And if i do so, will it use a bsd process to deal with adb?
Soldering the connections only seems to fix my poor old trackball
for a few days, and when it glitches, it locks the machine.

rick