Subject: libkvm change
To: None <port-mac68k@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Scott Reynolds <scottr@og.org>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 04/23/1997 15:22:31
You may have noticed that we're now using the new libkvm if you've been
watching the source-changes list.  No changes to your kvm-using utilities
(ps, w, systat, etc.) are necessary for running kernels; what has changed
is the crash dump format and the manner in which these utilities can be
used to debug a crash dump.  If you need to do this type of debugging, you
should:

	1) make sure /usr/include/machine/kcore.h and
	   /usr/include/m68k/kcore.h are current versions,

	2) build and install in src/lib/libkvm, and

	3) rebuild any utilities that depend on this (notably
	   including savecore(8)).

I've tested this on Macs with both a single contiguous RAM segment and
with multiple RAM segments, so I'm not expecting any trouble.  As always,
if you notice a problem, please let me know directly.

Thanks,

--scott