Subject: kernels?
To: None <port-mac68k@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Armen Babikyan <armenb@moof.ai.mit.edu>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 04/22/1997 19:32:30
okay, i've been following along with that line "if it ain't broke don't fix
it" by not using the kernels half this mailing list traffic seems to
discuss; I still use the NetBSD/mac68k 1.2 GENERIC #1 kernel on my IIvx. my
question is, what do these new kernels, such as "madhatter" and "sbc" offer
(and any other ones that are mentioned)? and where would i go to download
source code for these kernels? (and about how big are they?)
is there anyway to change the video settings in NetBSD? (i.e. without
having to set them before the booter is run by changing stuff in the
monitors control panel).
I would really like to get started in compiling my own kernels for my
whatever needs...
thanks =)
  - a