Subject: Re: current, 1.2.1, and x ioctls
To: None <port-mac68k@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Rick Hawkins <rhawkins@iastate.edu>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 04/22/1997 16:02:52
> > In my ongoing quest to produce my own kernel, having valiantly slain
the zip driver
> > monster, I have been once more beaten back by the heathen minions of
microsoft.

> Congrats on the Zip, but could you perhaps wrap you lines at about 72
> columns?  Actually, anything under 80 is doable, but 80+ is a bit bad.

hmm.  that is *absolutely* not supposed to be happening.  Ahah.
techmail happily used the extra width.  It's set to 72, but if you ever
open a window wider, the next one is too wide.  See what happens when
you can't use emacs for mail :)

> What kind of machine are you running?  What Xserver are you using?

This is a IIci.  I'm using the xbase from 1.2.1, and the newer xserver
from the binary distribution (1.2's won't run with sbc-28).

> SunOS compatibility is completely optional, I believe...so you can
>comment out that option in the config file.
ok, color them gone :)

> > xterm: Error 23, errno 25: Inappropriate ioctl for device
> > xterm: Error 23, errno 25: Inappropriate ioctl for device
> > xterm: Error 23, errno 25: Inappropriate ioctl for device
> > login: Error 23, errno 25: Inappropriate ioctl for device
>
> Are you trying to run color X on a monochrome kernel?  That almost
> sounds like what it's trying to say...but I haven't checked the man
> pages to determine what the error numbers signify.

It shouldn't be.  This is the same xserver that is working with sbc.28.

rick