Subject: Re: Zip again
To: Michael Peters <sailor@oro.net>
From: Rick Hawkins <rhawkins@iastate.edu>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 04/22/1997 06:51:34
>   I read a little on disklabel and am at a loss as to how to use it to get
> my zip disk to mount.  I've used mkfs 1.4, and it gave no errors (though
> it warned that some 8000 sectors in the last cylender were unmapped).
> Still getting the "incorrect superblock" error.  Anyone know what I could
> be doing wrong?  I've run all the tests macos side I can and both media
> and hardware check out as A-OK, so I know it's me doing something wrong,
> not the hardware. =)

The three most important things in using a ZIP:
1) SBC
2) SBC
3) SBC

:)

Actually, though, I'm serious.  Unless I was using it as the boot disk, i
was unable to keep a zip going.  THen I put in an SBC kernel, and can do no
wrong.  Just use the 1.4 mkfs, put a 40 in the first "0" that appears in the
chart, and it works (as did just about everything else).

Oh, and remember to have at least a 1k swap partition after the real
partition (1k swap is fine).  You *must* create the main partition before
the swap, or it will be the "last" partition.

rick