Subject: Zip Bad-superblock on mount?
To: None <port-mac68k@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Michael Peters <sailor@oro.net>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 04/21/1997 14:05:53
  After getting the zip disk successfully formatted a/ux 2.0 free, I've
used mkfs 1.4 on it and zapped the thing into a a/ux user slice partition.
This is where my luck runs out.  Using the numbers I found posted here a
few weeks(?) ago, as well as some other edu-guesses as to the geometry of
the zip disk, I continue to get "Bad Superblock" when I try to mount
/dev/sd1a.  Here is an example of the numbers,

sector size: 512
sectors/track: 40
tracks/Cylender: 512
num. Cylenders: 2046
FS Size:196430

  I have also tried changing FS size to 208xxx (don't remember the last 3
digits), which is what my math gave me (I'm probably wrong).  The numbers
I found here suggest a FS size of 145230, however, is that smaller number
necessary since this disk is not meant to be bootable?  I'm not reserving
any space for swap/macos/eschatology etc.

Many thanks for all the help,

-Michael D. Peters
-sailor@oro.net

Man invented alcohol,