Subject: Re: GENERICSBC-29 experiences on a PB520 (full 040)
To: Allen Briggs <briggs@puma.macbsd.com>
From: Steven Campbell <campbel@istar.ca>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 04/21/1997 15:47:28
>> I tried the latest GENERICSBC (29 as stated above) on my
>> PowerBook 520 in order to figure out whether the sn driver
>> is working. Unfortunetely it hangs while booting. I can boot
>> single-user without any problems. But if I want to go multi-user it hangs
>> after:
>>
>> [...]
>> setting tty flags
>> [...]

I was getting this error on my Powerbook 550c if I changed the /etc/ttys
to read:

console "/usr/libexec/getty Pc"    vt220   off secure

If I changed the tty type (vt220) to anything BUT vt220, the machine
would hang at setting tty flags. Have you made any changes? I was
changing it to be vt102.  Big mistake.

Steven Campbell