Subject: Re: NetBSD/mac68k Boot Floppy
To: None <port-mac68k@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Rick Hawkins <rhawkins@iastate.edu>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 04/20/1997 17:40:04
> >actually, if those instructions would let us make the disk from the 7.1
> >boot disk, or
> >norton's rescue disk, they'd be real useful.  THis machine cries tryng to
> >run 7.5 :)

> Odd... I run 7.5.5 on my Mac SE and II with great success.  My Mac II boots
> to my custom 7.5.5 NetBSD startup in under 8 seconds.  The system software
> takes up less than 1300k of memory, and is very stable.  You can't get much
> lower than a Mac SE or II! :)

this is a IIci.  What really killed me wa a) the networking, which i can't
live without, and b) the apple-menu control panel.  I really never tried a
time comparison for a completely stripped system, but with all of those
managers, i figured that the structure would be differeent enough to do me in.

But then, if i didn't need truetype fonts, i'd normally run system 6 :)