Subject: Re: pico
To: Josh Hope <otaku@hick.com>
From: The Great Mr. Kurtz [David A. Gatwood] <davagatw@Mars.utm.edU>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 04/19/1997 11:54:58
On Sat, 19 Apr 1997, Josh Hope wrote:

> >Well, I don't know what version we have in contrib, but try
> >ftp.macbsd.com/pub/NetBSD/contrib/unix/pico.tar.gz (or pine.tar.gz to get
> >the whole package).  It's only about two minor versions old in pine, so I
> >suspect pico is only a couple (last I checked, probably 3 by now) of
> >versions back, but I have no idea what that actually means in terms of
> >version numbers....
>
> That's the pico I have, from 1994...

Funny, it was compiled with current sources back sometime after I started
doing the Contrib thing, which wasn't until I started doing the NetBSD
thing, which wasn't until the beginning of 1996.  Sounds like they just
didn't change anything for a very long time.  That's pine 3.94 with it,
right?  Is "pine-current" 3.96 or 3.97?  I'd compile something more
current, but I don't know if it would be binary compatible enough (puma is
OpenBSD now, was running NetBSD when I compiled those).  Anybody tried any
more complex compiles for cross-compatibility?

Later,

|David A. Gatwood             And Richard Cory, one calm summer night,  |
|davagatw@mars.utm.edu      Went home and put a bullet through his head.|
|dgatwood@globegate.utm.edu          --Edwin Arlington Robinson         |
|http://globegate.utm.edu                  http://www.utm.edu/~davagatw |
|http://mars.utm.edu/~davagatw             http://www.nyx.net/~dgatwood |