Subject: Re: X windows
To: Marco A. Ramirez <marami@terraba.fing.ucr.ac.cr>
From: Colin Wood <ender@is.rice.edu>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 04/18/1997 20:50:38
> Thank's everybody for your help but I still need it.
>
> How do I know how much free memory I have in the 50 megas A/UX Root&Usr
> partition?

'df'

> How do I know how much RAM is the computer usign in the 20 megas Swap partition?

hmmmm...I used to know...

> What do I have to do to install X windows on a Zip disk besides doing the
> partition to that disk?

see the Zip-HOWTO

> Can I install the xbase12, xcomp12 and the xserver12 all in the Zip disk?

Yes.

> Do I have to install it with the "NetBSD/Mac Install Utility 1.1"?

Not really, no.

> How can I create a new account to use when the netbsd ask me for the login?

'man 8 adduser'

> Where can I learn more about the UNIX system? because I just know a little bit
> how to use it.

http://www.macbsd.com/macbsd/docs/meta-faq/

see the section on recommended reading.  Get really familiar with the
man(1) command.

> Is there a ftp program that I can use with the netbsd?

/usr/bin/ftp

> where can I get a web browser to use with netbsd?

http://www.macbsd.com/macbsd/docs/meta-faq/

see the section on useful ftp sites.

> where can I get the ppp program that connect my computer with the internet?

See the FAQ:

http://www.macbsd.com/macbsd/macbsd-docs/faq/

> Where can I get a email program like pine or anothers?

http://www.macbsd.com/macbsd/docs/meta-faq/

see the section on useful ftp sites.

> how do I print the information that is in the screen when I have running
> the netbsd?

Depends on the situation.

> Has anybody installed the 8 bit color x server with a Mac IIsi?

I'm sure they have, just not on internal video...

> Thank you again.

You're welcome.

I hope this helps some.

Later.