Subject: Two changes
To: None <port-mac68k@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Scott Reynolds <scottr@og.org>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 04/18/1997 13:30:02
I've made a few changes that folks need to be aware of:

 1) Takashi Hamada kindly tested the Power Manager code with the direct
    ADB driver for me.  He pointed out some changes that needed to be
    made for it to operate properly.  Support for several PowerBooks
    should now be in the source tree.

 2) The `sbc' SCSI driver enables no option flags by default, anymore.
    If you have a kernel config file with the sbc driver specified but
    have specified no flags, you will need to add `flags 0x1' to the
    configuration line.  (The GENERIC kernel configs already have this.)

 3) The `sbc' driver's PDMA write code now redirects small (less than 64
    byte) requests to the PIO write routine.  This increases the
    reliability of the driver on some machines/targets considerably.

The Power Manager updates are already available on the NetBSD ftp server;
the sbc updates will be available at the next update (tomorrow morning).

--scott