Subject: Re: booting the macIIsi
To: Marco A. Ramirez <marami@terraba.fing.ucr.ac.cr>
From: Colin Wood <ender@is.rice.edu>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 04/18/1997 02:16:10
> When I boot my computer, it shows all the information, but there is a
> moment where it appears a line that says
>
> "Enter pathname of shell or RETURN for sh"
>
> how do i know which is the pathname?

The valid shells installed on a NetBSD 1.2.1 system are /bin/sh (the
default) and /bin/csh.  Either type one of these two paths or hit return.

> And if a press the RETURN botton, it says:
>
> "Terminal type?"
>
> what is the terminal type?

I believe that the current console emulates a vt220 terminal, so you'd
want to type 'vt220' (without the quotes, of course).  Another usable
option is to type 'vt100'

> And if a write a path, it start to give more information, and then, there
> is a line that says
>
> "Apr 17 17:54:20 init getty repeating too quickly  on port /dev/ttyeo, sleeping"
>
> and it keeps appearing that line.

This is probably the result of an improperly set terminal type, although I
could be wrong.

> What do I have to do?

Read the NetBSD/mac68k FAQ for some tips:

http://www.macbsd.com/macbsd/macbsd-docs/faq/

> Does it have anything to do with the configuration of the "Booting..."?

Probably not, no.

> When it ask me the login where I have to write "root"?

Until you create an account for yourself, when it says "login: " you can
use 'root'.

> Do I need to install comp121, misc121, and text121 too?

Not unless you want to compile stuff, use standard text tools, or want a
bunch of miscellaneous documents.

I hope this helps some.

Later.