Subject: Re: duo 210
To: Hakan Thorngren <hth@iar.se>
From: Tom Tarka x3212 <tommy@boulder.vni.com>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 04/17/1997 09:29:57
On Thu, 17 Apr 1997, Hakan Thorngren wrote:

> I have a DUO 210 gathering dust that I consider turning into a NetBSD
> laptop.  From the mailing list archive I got the impression that this is
> possible.
>
> I have some specific questions regarding this:
>
> 1. Is there any support for an ethernet interface?  I found the "Ethernet
>    MicroDock" from NewerTech on the net, is it by any chance supported?
>    If not, is someone working on it or is there support for some similar
>    device?

doubtful.  This is basically the reason I decided against leaving
NetBSD on my duo 230.  You could probably use ppp though.

> 2. Will it run X (mono or greyscale?), or is it character console only?

Mono.  Yes.  Not sure about greyscale.

> 3. What about external keyboards, are they supported?

Yes.  I have used an extended keyboard.

Tommy Tarka                            | http://clockwork.dementia.org/~tommy
Assistant Webmaster                    |         tommy@clockwork.dementia.org
	"It's better to burn out, than it is to rust"	- Neil Young