Subject: Booting problems...
To: None <port-mac68k@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Nathan Raymond <nate@staff.feldberg.brandeis.edu>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 04/16/1997 15:48:25
I can't seem to boot into NetBSD on my Mac II, I got it working before,
blew away my installation because I wanted to change my hard drive
partitioning, and now I can't seem to get things to work, I just get this
message from the Booter:

Booting...File "NETBSD" not found.
Could not open kernel "(0,?)NETBSD".

My old setup:
Quantum 270 formatted with HDT 1.8, Root&usr first partition, 16MB swap, no
MacOS.

I now have:
Quantum 270 (ID 0) formatted with Apple HD SC Setup 7.3.5, 20MB swap first
partition, 244MB Root&usr second partition, 6MB MacOS partition (I moved
the swap based on the theory that the first partition is at the perimeter
of the platter and thus has the highest data transfer rate for the disk).
Conner 250 (ID 4) formatted with Apple HD SC Setup 7.3.5, 200MB User
partition, 50 MB MacOS parition.

I installed the standard NetBSD 1.2 and X11R6 packages on the Quantum 270
with the HD hooked up to my Quadra 630, then moved it inside the Mac II.
The wierd thing is that the mini-shell in the installer reveals everything
is there on the Root&usr partition!

I can't figure it out.  What am I doing wrong?

-=-
Nathan

"Women are attracted to certain smells; most of them say they like a man who
'smells good.'"             - from Dress for Success, by John T. Molly, 1975