Subject: Re: Booting up
To: Newell Ramsey <snnramse@arriba.nm.org>
From: Kelly Campbell <camk@spub.ksu.edu>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 04/16/1997 02:56:12
> I have a Mac LCII 4/40 and a 1 gig external hard drive (for which I have
> placed all files for NetBSD/mac68k 1.2.1) running system 7.0.1.
> I installed all the files as directed, and have partitioned my hard drive
> to accomodate the unix filesystem.  My problem is that when I boot up I
> get the following on my screen, then the system freezes:

First of all, make sure you're using a current kernel and
installation. (ftp://ftp.netbsd.org/pub/NetBSD/arch/mac68k/latest/)
I have an LCII running just fine with that distribution. I had one minor
problem with the GENERIC-27 kernel though. Unexpected SCSI phase changes
happened alot, and it prints out alot of debugging information each time
that happens. I'm using Allen Brigg's netbsd-20 kernel right now with
almost no problems. (ftp://ftp.macbsd.com/pub/outgoing/briggs/)

The only other problem I'm having is with interupts from my ethernet card
which doesn't have anything to handle them. I just removed it until
someone makes LC Ethernet cards work.

Kelly
--
| Kelly A. Campbell              | Kansas State University     |