Subject: Re: Ethernet for 630 series Macs?
To: None <briggs@puma.macbsd.com>
From: Ken and Masami Nakata <masami@fa2.so-net.or.jp>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 04/16/1997 10:05:21
On Tue, 15 Apr 1997 20:20:56 -0400,
Allen Briggs <briggs@puma.macbsd.com> wrote:
> > Does anyone know of any documentation on the comm slot that would be
> > accessable? I still have the LC040 problem, so I won't be able to work on
> > the ethernet quite yet.
>
> The Comm Slot, if Apple follows a pattern at all, will just look like a
> nubus slot or two.

Do you mean it's like another PDS with a different connector and a
different form factor?

BTW, I don't even know where it's located in my LC630... :-} I have an
enet adapter sitting in the LC-style PDS of the LC630, instead.  A
reasonably current kernel recognizes it's there, but fails at getting
the MAC address (always 0:0:0:0:0:0).  I'll have a closer look at it
this weekend (hopefully).

Ken