Subject: Re: X
To: Albert Carter <SilverMoonTiger@wizzard.tiac.net>
From: Colin Wood <ender@is.rice.edu>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 04/15/1997 20:04:23
> What is the newest release of X11 that's available for NetBSD 1.2/mac68k?
> I'm just wondering because I was told that its now in X11R6.3 and currently
> I have the version that comes with the NetBSD 1.2 release X11R6.  If there
> is a X11R6.3 available if so where can I get it and what are the changes to
> it?

I believe that the current Xmacbsd server might be X11R6.1, but I could
easily be wrong about that.  Whatever it is, it's certainly _not_ R6.3.

>  Also I'm wondering how one would install another form of windows
> manager like mlvwm.  Any help would be appriciated.

All you have to do is get the source (or precompiled binaries), compile
and/or install the binaries themselves, and then adjust your .xinitrc to
run your window manager of choice.  I believe that xinit(1) should tell
you about the format of an xinitrc file.

I hope this helps some.

Later.