Subject: Re: System Freezes
To: None <port-mac68k@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Rick Hawkins <rhawkins@iastate.edu>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 04/14/1997 20:40:22
> If I remember correctly, your IIsi doesn't have an FPU, does it?  Even
> when the machine has an FPU, it takes several minutes to launch
> Xmosaic on a 68030 machine (@16MHz, though).  It might be possible
> that X server is taking so much time rendering the fonts Xmosaic
> wants that it cannot handle other events such as mouse movements
> and key events.

This can definitely happen.  trying to launch lyx on a IIci, even with
lyx running on another machine, can freeze it a while.  Err, not the
launch, but opening the documents. 2 and half minutes in one case.
Removing postscript fonts, and resetting the default fonts in lyx,
worked wonders

rick

------- End of Forwarded Message