Subject: System Freezes
To: None <port-mac68k@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Albert Carter <SilverMoonTiger@wizzard.tiac.net>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 04/14/1997 20:53:32
Help!!!!!!!!

   I'm going to give step by step of everything here to see what is going
on and how to take care of this.  I recently installed the version of
Mosaic that I was referred to use here.  Its the one in Amiga and the
version is Mosaic-2.7b3.  I am currently running a Mac IIsi 17 MB RAM and
50 MB Swap.  It has NetBSD 1.2 installed and running the GENERIC #1 kernal.
I opened up X as normal it opens with 1 console, 2 xterms, and one clock
using twm.  I can post the .xinitrc if you would like me to.  I then typed
in mosaic and hit enter to execute mosaic.  At that point in time a black
and white map flashed on the screen and disappeared.  In the same xterm
that I had started mosaic in it came up talking about the history and how
it would be saved in X-mosaic-history.  After about 5 minutes and nothing
else happening I tried to type in the xterm and it didn't respond then I
went to move the mouse and that didn't work.  I tried everything and the
only way to get out of this was to do a force restart ctrl-cmd-power key.
If anyone has any ideas on how to make this work please let me know.  Also
is there any particular way I should reboot unix the next boot?  I was
thinking it might be a good idea to boot in single user mode and run fsck.
Is this necessary or should it be ok?

Thanks,
Albert