Subject: Re: no /dev/cd0[b,c]
To: Christoph Ewering <eweri@uni-paderborn.de>
From: Dave Huang <khym@bga.com>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 04/14/1997 17:00:54
On Mon, 14 Apr 1997, Christoph Ewering wrote:
> Cloud some one explain to me why the /dev/MAKEDEV cd0 does not install
> a cd0b and cd0c ?

I guess they wouldn't be used for anything, since cdroms don't have
disklabels? In any case, you don't need them for xhfs...

> I wanted to use xhfs for my cd-rom, but xhfs was unable to mount the
> cd-rom with cd0a or cd0d. These are the two files that are created
> when i do /dev/MAKEDEV cd0.
> Maybe my distribution of NetBSD is to old?

No, I think this is a bug in NetBSD... see PR #3261
http://www.NetBSD.org/cgi-bin/query-full-pr?3261

I have no idea how to fix the bug though...

Dahan: Hani G Y+C 21 Y++ L+++ W- C++ T++ A+ E+ S++ V++ F- Q+++ P+ B+ PA+ PL++