Subject: Q630 & EZ135 booted - read only
To: None <port-mac68k@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Dylan Kuhn <dkuhn1@shrike.depaul.edu>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 04/14/1997 07:47:15
After reading this group for a few days I became curious whether I
could get a kernel to boot from the Syqest EZ135 on my Quadra 630.
To my amazement I was able to get GENERIC-26 to boot on my first try!

Whenever I try a command that writes to the disk, though, i get a
"Read only filesystem" message.  I wonder if this has to do with the
parameters I used for mkfs - I never could find the Syquest how-to so
I used numbers from the Zip how-to (yes I have no idea what I'm doing).
Or is / not mounted correctly?  I don't know.  I can write fine from the
installer mini shell.

Anyway, thanks to the group for giving me the courage to give it a try!

dylan kuhn
dkuhn1@shrike.depaul.edu