Subject: bad sector errors
To: None <port-mac68k@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Rick Hawkins <rhawkins@iastate.edu>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 04/14/1997 00:24:10
before i forget to bring this up again . . .

With the zip drive, and occasionally with the hard drives, i get messges from
fsck about being unable to read blocks or sectors.  I'm fairly certain that
this never happened when i had bsd booting off the zip a few months ago.  I
also don't recall the fictitious request problems, but that could be because
i never had to look.  But it's occurred to me that that was before i
"upgraded" to the 5.0 zip driver.  I've deleted all the partitions on this
disk with hdsc/aux, and hauled out the old 4.3 ziptools to reformat, but i'm
not certain this gives it a new driver.

I've also seen SBC kernels mentioned as necessary for jazz, and, by
association, perhaps zip. should i look at these?

rick