Subject: Re: Getting files from MacOS to MacBSD partitions
To: Dave Huang <khym@bga.com>
From: Jeffrey E. Benedict <raoul@olympus.net>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 04/13/1997 20:52:34
>On Sun, 13 Apr 1997, Jeffrey E. Benedict wrote:
>> Not a bad suggestion but that introduces more possible problems with typos.
>>  I might do that in the end but it would seem that there must be a way to
>> copy from partition to partition.
>
>"cpin" from the installer program _should_ work from the MacOS side...
>run the installer, pick your HD's scsi ID, go into the mini shell, and
>then do something like "cpin myhd:filename /filename"
>
>When you boot into NetBSD, filename should be at the root of your
>filesystem...

 DING!!!!! Dave gets the big award!!!!

Thanks- it worked like a champ!  I made a dirctory in the root (/disk)
where I put the files to keep things organized and moved 'em on over!

>Another way to do it is to use hfsutils, which lets you access your HFS
>partitions from unix. See http://www.mars.org/home/rob/proj/hfs/ for
>hfsutils source. Does anyone have a binary distribution, BTW? Of course,
>if you don't already have your network connection working in NetBSD, you
>might have some difficulty getting hfsutils onto your machine :)

You got that right! ;)  I read that in the FAQ and was disappointed that
hfsfiles didn't work.  Is this something that should be included in the
base distribution..

thanks, folks- I had *more than one* answer to my question in less than an
hour and my problem is soleve (this one!) and now.... to configure PPP-
I've saved all the posts on this subject in the last week...

Jeff

 Jeff Benedict - raoul@olympus.net --- "Me? Whee!" - Muhammad Ali