Subject: Re: Getting files from MacOS to MacBSD partitions
To: Jeffrey E. Benedict <raoul@olympus.net>
From: Dave Huang <khym@bga.com>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 04/13/1997 22:07:34
On Sun, 13 Apr 1997, Jeffrey E. Benedict wrote:
> Not a bad suggestion but that introduces more possible problems with typos.
>  I might do that in the end but it would seem that there must be a way to
> copy from partition to partition.

"cpin" from the installer program _should_ work from the MacOS side...
run the installer, pick your HD's scsi ID, go into the mini shell, and
then do something like "cpin myhd:filename /filename"

When you boot into NetBSD, filename should be at the root of your
filesystem...

Another way to do it is to use hfsutils, which lets you access your HFS
partitions from unix. See http://www.mars.org/home/rob/proj/hfs/ for
hfsutils source. Does anyone have a binary distribution, BTW? Of course,
if you don't already have your network connection working in NetBSD, you
might have some difficulty getting hfsutils onto your machine :)

Dahan: Hani G Y+C 21 Y++ L+++ W- C++ T++ A+ E+ S++ V++ F- Q+++ P+ B+ PA+ PL++