Subject: Re: x ignoring LD_LIBRARY_PATH, /etc/rc
To: Rick Hawkins <rhawkins@iastate.edu>
From: Bob Nestor <rnestor@metronet.com>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 04/13/1997 22:04:14
>really.  I went back and checked my old /etc.  Under 1.2, i got a
>/etc/passwd, while
>under 1.2.1, I get /etc/master.passwd.  And vipw used to edit /etc/passed.

Since you're also asking about kernels sources in another posting it
sounds like you want to be closer to -current.  I may be wrong, but I
think NetBSD 1.2.1 is actually older than the 2/14/97 1.2C snapshot and
certainly much older than the latest 1.2D snapshot Scott posted a few
days ago.  If you're serious about tracking -current I don't think you'll
want the 1.2.1 version since the networking stuff has changed quite a bit
since then.  Also a lot changed in the /etc directory with lots more conf
files in the later snapshots.

-bob