Subject: Re: Mkfs 1.4 didn't work
To: None <port-mac68k@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Rick Hawkins <rhawkins@iastate.edu>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 04/13/1997 20:30:40
> Strange.  I tested mkfs 1.4 with a ZIP drive, an old Apple 160Meg drive,
> and my NEC 1.6Gig drive.  Also used Apple, APS, Transoft, SuperSpot,
> RealTech and the old 3.01 a/ux disk formatters while testing.  That's how
> I found the off-by-one error in the Partition Map.  If you'd like to
> e-mail me privately with a description of what you're seeing maybe we can
> figure things out and get it fixed.

And now I can't duplicate it :(  I've got a feeling that somewhere along the
way i did something funny with the drivers.  I can partway explain things as a
combination of the skipped last partition and the order I put things on them
in.  In fact, this explains most:  it still sees nothing on sd1, but all that's
there are drivers and a single data partition.  TOday it sees the 3 mac
partitions, and the 4th partition, swap, on sd0.  Which rings some bells--part
of the frustration on friday was that it would show me the swap partition.

However, i've generally laid down swap at the end of the drive before making
hte next partition.

So [i think] the only truly curious bit is not seing either of two mac
partitions.  But I was doing so many strange things, i'm not sure i can
duplicate this :(

rick