Subject: Re: x ignoring LD_LIBRARY_PATH, /etc/rc
To: None <port-mac68k@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Rick Hawkins <rhawkins@iastate.edu>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 04/13/1997 20:20:02

> > I've put 1.2.1 on this time, and have found a couple of apparent
> > differences (master.passwd rather than passwd).

> What are you talking about?  I've used NetBSD/mac68k since version 1.0 or
> so, and it's always had a master.passwd file.  Read the manpages for vipw
> if you want to know more.

really.  I went back and checked my old /etc.  Under 1.2, i got a /etc/passwd, while
under 1.2.1, I get /etc/master.passwd.  And vipw used to edit /etc/passed.

the LD_LIBRARY_PATH bit
> The FAQ is _wrong_ on this one, and I posted a message a few days ago
> explaining why this is the case.  If you'll check out the in progress
> version of the FAQ, you'll see the correct version:

I've got it working.  What I don't understand is why it worked before :)  I followed
the faq, but put it after "exit 0", and it worked anyway . . .

rick

------- End of Forwarded Message