Subject: Re: x ignoring LD_LIBRARY_PATH, /etc/rc
To: Rick Hawkins <rhawkins@iastate.edu>
From: Steven Campbell <campbel@istar.ca>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 04/13/1997 19:45:57
Rick, what i've done, instead of setting LD_LIBRARY_PATH, is put a file
named ld.so.conf into /etc.  My /etc/ld.so.conf looks like this:

/usr/lib
/usr/X11R6/lib

and in my /etc/rc, I've added verbose logging for ldconfig so that it
gives me a long list of the shared libs it finds when it runs.

The line in my /etc/rc is:

ldconfig -v `cat /etc/ld.so.conf`

with all of the "removing linkage editor in case it's corrupt" stuff that
runs just before it.

All of this stuff is at about lines 160-175 on my machine, and yours will
be close (I hope).
Hope this helps,
        Steven Campbell