Subject: Re: time is incorrect.
To: Albert Carter <SilverMoonTiger@wizzard.tiac.net>
From: Colin Wood <ender@is.rice.edu>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 04/13/1997 15:02:31
> Since I had to reinstall unix I've been having problems with the time on my
> unix box.  I have set the time difference in the booter to being -420
> minutes.  And I deleted the original symbolic link of /etc/localtime which
> linked to /usr/share/zoneinfo/PST and set up a symbolic link for
> /etc/localtime to refer to /usr/share/zoneinfo/EST which is the time zone
> I'm in.  The time on the unix box is still showing up as being 2 hours
> ahead of the correct time.  This is the exact same way I set it up before
> and it worked fine.  I'm running NetBSD 1.2 with the original kernal from
> ftp://ftp.nebsd.org/pub/NetBSD/NetBSD-1.2/mac68k/binary/netbsd12.  This
> shows up as being a Generic #1.  Everything is exactly the same and I don't
> understand why this isn't working.

Although this one is probably in the FAQ, I'll take a shot at it
anyway...what are your settings in the Map control panel?  Believe it or
not, this is how you set your timezone under MacOS (well, ok, it used to
be the way, now the Date & Time control panel will do it for you).  Also,
it's possible that you are having some trouble with Daylight Savings Time
at the moment.  What version of the Booter are you using?

Later.