Subject: tty's/ttyp's/ptty's
To: None <port-mac68k@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Albert Carter <SilverMoonTiger@wizzard.tiac.net>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 04/13/1997 14:44:03
Here's an interesting problem that I've got.  When I'm running x.  I type
in startx when I do this it brings up 2 xterms an xclock and a login
window.  If I'm connected to the internet if I go to open another xterm it
gives me an error saying that it cannot open another xterm because there
are no ptty's available.  Also if I go to telnet into my machine when
running X it gives me the same error I believe.  Is there any way of
creating more ptty's or whatever to stop this.  Also would this affect
people trying to telnet in from remote machines, people trying to ftp into
my unix box, and/or people trying to view a website when I get it set up?
If so this is something I really need to fix.

Thanks,
Albert