Subject: Re: Q630, GENERIC 27, and Kensington
To: Howard S Shubs <hshubs@gte.net>
From: Colin Wood <ender@is.rice.edu>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 04/12/1997 19:42:23
> Well, I finally got a clue, and disconnected my non-Apple hardware before
> booting MacBSD.  I got a -different- crash during boot, but I could -TYPE-
> into the debugger!  Nice!
>
> I'd had a Gravis joystick and a Kensington Turbomouse 5.0 on, as well as
> the Extended Keyboard I and an Apple mouse.  When I put the Turbomouse back
> in, I got the previous ResHandle Too Small (or something like that) error
> again.  I -need- this trackball: mice suck.  I wonder if calling Kensington
> would get their assistance with this?  Since I also have the Apple Video
> System in the computer, it could be contributing to my problems, but that
> should be ignorable, I would think.

Have you tried booting with just the TurboMouse and the keyboard?  It may
be that the kernel is running out of memory in part of the ADB routines
because you have too many ADB devices connected.

As far as getting the Turbomouse to work, do you know whether or not it
supports extended mouse protocol?  Even if it doesn't, it'll probably only
require trivial changes to the kernel to get it to work.

Later.