Subject: PPP PROBLEMS!!!! HEEEEELLLLPPPP!!!!!
To: None <port-mac68k@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Jonathan Lyons <lelsoft1@mail1.nai.net>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 04/12/1997 16:54:44
As you can tell by the subject, everything's not going so peachy with PPP....

Ok...

here's what I've done so far:

Put my login and password into the ppp-login file
Put the access number for my ISP into the ppp-numbers file
I put my nameserver and search domains into resolv.conf
OK here is my chat script(and BTW I tried the PAP things and they didn't
work either):

ABORT BUSY
ABORT "NO CARRIER"
ABORT "NO DIAL"
TIMEOUT 10
"" ATZ OK AT&FE1V1L1M1&Q5&K3
OK ATDT$NUMBER
TIMEOUT 60
CONNECT ""
:-\r-: $LOGIN
: $PASSWD
ncs>   ppp

(My ISP is supposed to send a :, and I send back my Login, and then it
sends another :, and I send my password)

It just connects and stays put....nothing happens....it disconnects after
about 30 seconds....

And I can't use the ppp-debug file for some reason....when I do ./ppp-debug
it says "Permission denied" or something....

HELP!!!! :)

Thanks!

Jonathan Lyons
lelsoft1@ct1.nai.net