Subject: Re: Help:receive buffer area exhausted
To: None <chen@ibm60.phy.ncku.edu.tw>
From: Colin Wood <ender@is.rice.edu>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 04/12/1997 14:16:43
> I installed the curent-97_04_02 with Generic-28 kernel on my
> Quadra 700(20MB ram, on-board video and ethernet), but the system
> offten shows me the following message:
> /netbsd:sn0:receive buffer area exhausted
>
> Does anyone have any idea?
> Thanx for any information!

It sounds like maybe the interrupt handler for the card isn't getting
called often enough to clean out it's receive buffer (of course I know
next to nothing about the ethernet driver, so maybe not ;-).  Allen Briggs
or Denny Gentry should know for sure, Allen?

Basically, the SONIC ethernet driver is still under development, so I'd
expect that it's probably not rock-solid stable at the moment.  Perhaps
the next kernel Scott compiles will fix it.  Are you on a really busy
ethernet, btw?

I hope this helps some.

Later.