Subject: Re: Quadra 605
To: Jonathan Lyons <lelsoft1@mail1.nai.net>
From: Colin Wood <ender@is.rice.edu>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 04/12/1997 12:48:28
> I still can't get video or ADB to work with my Quadra 605 with FULL
> 68040....
>
> I just reinstalled and now it gets stuck when booting into single-user
> mode saying "No /dev/console/" or something...
>
> Could people PLEASe help?

The Quadra 605 still has broken ADB at the moment (although I seem to
recall that John Wittkowski and maybe Bob Nestor were working now).  As
for why you're getting no /dev/console, have you built devices?  Also, are
you sure the /etc/ttys is configured properly for a console boot (i.e. the
/dev/ttye0 is the main console)?  Oh, for that matter, what kernel are you
using?

Later.