Subject: Re: Routed problem (was "Another type of fsck problem)
To: Jon Lefman <jlefman@bu.edu>
From: Nico van Eikema Hommes <hommes@derioc1.organik.uni-erlangen.de>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 04/12/1997 15:14:31
    Hi Jon,

>I've had a new problem too since installed the latest snapshot files.  When
>I run pppd, I get errors like these:
>routed[65]: lo0 has no address
>routed[65]: ifinit: out of sync
>Never had these before.  Has anyone had these kind of problems since
>installing the new snapshot?

I don't know how it was in the past, since I started to use ppp after
having installed the 970214 snapshot, but I always get these messages.
They also come after initializing e.g. the ethernet interface. They seem
informational only, however, since everything appears to works fine.

What I find more annoying is that configuring the ethernet interface
(SONIC, on a Quadra 650) at boot time causes pppd to not set up the
default route through the ppp link when /etc/ppp/ppp-up is called.
I have to do this by hand before a connection is possible.

Best wishes,

          Nico

--
  Dr. N.J.R. van Eikema Hommes     Computer-Chemie-Centrum
  hommes@ccc.uni-erlangen.de       Universitaet Erlangen-Nuernberg