Subject: Re: partitioning zip disk
To: Colin Wood <ender@is.rice.edu>
From: Benoit MARTEL <magus@cs.mcgill.ca>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 04/11/1997 19:55:25

Actually, http://www.apstech.com/aps-update.html proves you _right_.

> the past that the APS formatter is just an OEM version of someone else's
> formatter which is distributed with APS drives.  People started posting it
> on the 'Net, and now everyone thinks it's free (or something like that).
> If you can find licensing terms on it, though, I'd love to see them, since
> at least version 2.7.3 seems to work pretty damn well for formatting
> NetBSD partitions ;-)

Ooooppps! That's right, APS Disk Tools is definetly a commercial product.
I was mislead by the pointers I found to it on the net and by the ftp
site I got it from. The latest version (4.0.9) costs $99.95 unless you
buy an APS disk in which case you get it bundled with the disk.

I guess that with the newer version of Mkfs that converts Mac partitions,
the point is moot since that's what people should be using if they dont
own a commercial formater.

> Later.
>
> --
> Colin Wood                                      ender@is.rice.edu
> Consultant                                        Rice University
> Information Technology Services                       Houston, TX

"Because user errors often produce unpredictable results, the user
should try to avoid them."

IBM MVS/XA System Programming Library.