Subject: Re: Problem compiling Perl 5.003
To: Patrick S. Gardella <patrick@ChristianWord.org>
From: Benoit MARTEL <magus@cs.mcgill.ca>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 04/11/1997 15:45:56
On Fri, 11 Apr 1997, Patrick S. Gardella wrote:

> On Fri, 11 Apr 1997, Benoit MARTEL wrote:

> > > I've got 30Mb swap space...I think.  It's over 2 1/2 times the size of
> > > RAM, I know.  (It's at home, I'm at work.)
> >
> > That should be enough space no problem. It's OK to have more swap when
> > your real memory is a bit low. Try resuming the make from where it failed
> > and it just might work. Although, something's wrong for sure.
>
> I tried.  I get this error every time!

> |Patrick S. Gardella          Webmaster - Christian Word Ministries |
> |                                                                   |
> |Work:  Patrick@ChristianWord.org                                   |
> |Home:  PGardella@geocities.com          PGP Key ID 0x570CBD5D      |

I suggest posting more detailed info about your system (kernel/binaries
source level etc..) and keeping your fingers crossed while you wait for
somebody more knowledgeable to respond.

In the meantime, if you want to get perl 5.003 working, I can tar mine
up and send it to you or put it for ftp somewhere. Actually, you
probably want to check the amiga archives to see if they have it. I
think they carry 5.001.

"Because user errors often produce unpredictable results, the user
should try to avoid them."

IBM MVS/XA System Programming Library.