Subject: Re: Another type of fsck problem...
To: None <port-mac68k@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Nico van Eikema Hommes <hommes@derioc1.organik.uni-erlangen.de>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 04/11/1997 07:56:09
   Hi,

jlefman@bu.edu (Jon Lefman) wrote:

>When I booted again, I got an error obviously coming from my rc file saying
>that fsck found an unknown error or something to that effect.  It's the
>last error in the case statement in rc.

Not sure if this is the same problem as Jon has, but when I booted after
installing the latest snapshot, I also got a error when fsck was run and
was dropped into a shell. /etc/rc contains a line "fsck -p" and fsck seems
not to like this, it wants a filesystem as argument. After running fsck
manually, I changed the line to "fsck -p /" and got rid of the error.

Best wishes,

           Nico

--
  Dr. N.J.R. van Eikema Hommes     Computer-Chemie-Centrum
  hommes@ccc.uni-erlangen.de       Universitaet Erlangen-Nuernberg