Subject: Re: Process
To: Ted <lostinncal@earthlink.net>
From: Allen Briggs <briggs@puma.macbsd.com>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 04/10/1997 12:42:29
> I changed back to the ABDTEST160 kernel, and got rid of the error.  The
> GENERICSBC-26 kernel was causing PS error message. Is there any meaning to
> this error?

http://www.macbsd.com/macbsd/macbsd-docs/faq/faq-10.html#ss10.13:

10.13 I just upgraded to a new kernel and now w, ps, and netstat, among
others, don't work. What happened?

One of two things. Either your currently booted kernel isn't named
/netbsd or else you have a mismatch between your kernel and
the binaries you are using. In the first case, simply making a link from
your currently booted kernel to /netbsd will solve the
problem.

In the second case, dynamically linked binaries can usually be fixed by
upgrading libkvm to match your new kernel. Statically
linked binaries need to be replaced with more recent versions.

I don't currently have a list of every program that will break this way,
but pretty much anything that depend on libkvm is likely to do so.

Anyone up for getting the www.macbsd.com pages searchable (esp. the FAQ)?
I knew this was in there and it took me a little while to find.

-allen

--
              Allen Briggs - end killing - briggs@macbsd.com