Subject: Re: IIcx
To: Richard Ervin <rervin@oasis.novia.net>
From: Colin Wood <ender@is.rice.edu>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 04/09/1997 11:50:15
> > yes, and you can get it from:
> >
> > ftp://mirror.apple.com//mirrors/info-mac/cfg/mode32-75.hqx
> >
> > good luck,
> OK, that did the magic!!  For some reason, this one works but the one
> that apple made (the 32-bit enabler) did not.  Or maybe I just didn't install
> it right.

Check the FAQ.  One of the top questions in section 1 says quite
explicitly that it is _NOT_ a good idea to use Apple's 32-bit system enabler.

> Next, the Duo 230.  Any tips before I get started?  What's the best kernel
> for a Duo?

I think that Daishi Kato had a set of kernels that worked pretty well on
the Duos, but I'm not real sure if his page is still available.  I'll go
ahead and push the latest Meta-FAQ, the location is in there:

http://www.macbsd.com/macbsd/macbsd-docs/meta-faq/

Later.