Subject: Re: word processers
To: None <port-mac68k@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Rick Hawkins <rhawkins@iastate.edu>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 04/08/1997 19:25:45
> are there any word processors known to work, or availible in binary form
> macbsd? i need something that will output stuff i print with gs, and that
> will look nice (ie emacs will not do the trick...) i am working on
> getting lyx to work, but it coreee dumps because it cant get 8 bit color
> (i think the problem is with xforms actually...)

The problem certainly isn't the 8 bit color.  That just causes a "8-bit
pseudo-color" error messge when starting.  I'm running both 8bit and 1 bit
versions of lyx on alpha's through this IIci.

If i ever get this zip reformatted, i'll be able to compile a newer
version.  In the mean time, if you have enough room to compile it, try
./configure --with-two-colors=yes  (or something similar; check INSTALL)

rick