Subject: Re: NetBSD1.2 - gcc fatal error >*(
To: h0444zkf@rz.hu-berlin.de <h0444zkf@rz.hu-berlin.de>
From: Stephen C. Brown <sbrown@shellx.best.com>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 04/08/1997 12:30:21
>>Hi all!
>>
>>I'm another new NetBSD user. I've installed NetBSD1.2 current on a Mac
>>IIci 5meg with
>>40meg hd and mounting a 100meg zip while booting (i had to force fstab
>>manually to get it mounted). Everything works well exept gcc, it crashes
>>most of the time complaining:
>> cc1 got fatal signal 4
>>or signal 11. It doesn't even work on small programms like tinyirc (it
>>did work dt) I've linked the include dir to the zip drive and gcc, cc1
>>etc to / from the zip. Is this the reason?

One thing no one has mentioned.  I had exactly the same problems with
cc1 about a month ago.  And I have 24MB of main memory and 48MB of swap.
A recompile of "gcc" fixed the problem for me.  Which date of -current
gcc do you have installed?  If possible, grab the very latest source
and recompile.  It's probably not the same problem, but then again, it
might be.

Steve Brown,
sbrown@best.com