Subject: problems with netbsd
To: None <port-mac68k@NetBSD.ORG>
From: GRX <gricard@elux3.cs.umass.edu>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 04/07/1997 22:59:40
Ok, I have two problems both of which may sound dumb.
First I have no ide how to type up or down in Xwin (that MUST sound lame).

and second , and more important is that I cannot seem to make any new
ttyp's or ptyp's without some type of problem. I made them first with
mknod because I didnt understand the MAKEDEV script, and the ttyp's i made
didnt work so i trashed them. I did chgrp them to tty and chmod 666 them
and i created them by typing 'mknod ttyp# c 4 #'. THose didnt work at all.
Then i creaed them using 'MAKEDEV pty4. That made a large amount of ttyp's
and ptyp's but none of these seemed to work either. They're all written to
my /etc/tty file if that matters and they are all chown'd to root and
chgrp'd to tty, is there something Im doing wrong ?

Thanks for the help.