Subject: Re: How to compile the other stuff?
To: Nico van Eikema Hommes <hommes@derioc1.organik.uni-erlangen.de>
From: Colin Wood <ender@is.rice.edu>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 04/07/1997 15:56:10
>     Hi Colin (and other port-mac68k readers, of course),
>
> >If you have all of the sources downloaded and in /usr/src, all you have
> >to do is cd to /usr/src and do a 'make build'
> >I hope this helps.
>
> Unfortunately, it didn't :-(
>
> A "make build" in /usr/src gives 'Don't know how to make "build". Stop',
> which is not surprising as there is no makefile. I only have the source
> directories in /usr/src.
> I downloaded all the packages as tarfiles from ftp.netbsd.org directly
> (except 'domestic' and 'games'), and they are as recent as they can be.
> The installation itself is the 970214 -current snapshot.
>
> I also tried building only the 'netstat' executable, but got complaints
> about missing include files for netatalk (I could not find them anywhere,
> btw. They are not in /usr/include or in /usr/src/include).
>
> Are there any instructions on building the full system, or (even better)
> specific parts? I could not find anything in the FAQ, the meta-FAQ, or the
> README files in the source distributions.

At the moment, I can't think of what could be missing (other than the
necessary Makefile, of course).  Since this is pretty much a -current
issue, not a Mac-specific one, you should probably send mail to
current-users@netbsd.org and ask on that list.  This kind of question
comes up quite often on that list (although I haven't seen this one in
particular before).

Later.