Subject: Re: Kernels-Quadra 605 w/ FULL 68040
To: Jonathan Lyons <lelsoft1@mail1.nai.net>
From: gricard <gricard@elux3.cs.umass.edu>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 04/06/1997 18:41:40
>Hi! I have a Quadra 605 w/ FULL 68040(not LC040), 36 megs of RAM, a gig
>HD, and 1 MB VRAM...
>
>I can boot perfectly off of a serial console, but I would REALLY like to
>run X. What kernels work with video and adb for Quadra? Thanx!
>
>Jonathan Lyons
>lelsoft1@ct1.nai.net
>
>P.S. Right now I'm using the Generic 26 kernel...

Hi, I have a quadra 700 and when i installed the GENERIC-26 kernel it
worked fine and was a bit faster than my current kernel , but i had
problems when i tried to use 'w' or 'ps'. It blurted out some garbage about
procs. Im wondering...what version of the base binary are you using with
it? i hadnt seen any updates with it and Im using base121 now.

Thanks ,gabe