Subject: Apache Question
To: None <port-mac68k@NetBSD.ORG, synapse@gim.net>
From: Patrick S. Gardella <patrick@ChristianWord.org>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 04/04/1997 11:52:01
Got a question for all the gurus out there...

I installed and compiled Apache 1.2b7 with no problem.  It starts just
fine as well.

However, since the computer is a standalone (no network interface), I
can't get lynx to find the pages I have running on Apache.

I tried making Apache inetd and changed the inetd.conf file to indicate
this.  Services has also been modified to listen to port 80 for httpd.
Yet this gives me an error message about sockets (I'm at work and don't
have the exact text in front of me).  The gist of it looks like that
httpd (inetd) looks for the network interface for the IP address.  Since
that doesn't exists, it fails.

Making it standalone in httpd.conf runs fine, but as I said above, lynx
can't find the server to get the pages.

Some Basic info:  NetBSD 1.2B on a LCII GENERIC kernal 22(?)
local host name is www.patrick.com (since I don't have it attached to the
net, I might as well have some fun!)

Might it be that I don't have /etc/hosts set up properly?  Or some other
file?

My experience with BSD and Apache has been on a system with a network
interface, so I am feeling in the dark here!

|Patrick S. Gardella          Webmaster - Christian Word Ministries |
|Work:  Patrick@ChristianWord.org                                   |
|Home:  PGardella@geocities.com          PGP Key ID 0x570CBD5D      |