Subject: Re: Support for ISO9660 RockRidge Extensions?
To: None <NetBSD@associate.com>
From: Jim Wise <jimw@numenor.turner.com>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 04/04/1997 03:40:06
On Thu, 3 Apr 1997 NetBSD@associate.com wrote:

> Does NetBSD and/or OpenBSD support the ISO9660 RockRidge Extensions?
>
> I'd like to have some CD's made for my system, and need to retain the
> long filenames.  It looks like I either need this extension, or HFS
> built into the Kernel for transparent access to the CD ROM's to work.

Dunno about rock ridge, but it _will_ support ISO9660 with non-standard
long file names, as provided by Toast and most other burner software...
Names are still mono-case, but at least not restricted to 8+3

(Right after the 1.2 release I burned myself a complete clone of
ftp.netbsd.org on two discs...  so nice to have...)

 --
				Jim Wise
				jim.wise@turner.com