Subject: Re: Newbie help
To: Bill Studenmund <wrstuden@loki.stanford.edu>
From: Colin Wood <ender@is.rice.edu>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 04/03/1997 20:47:39
> > 3. This may sound futile but I want to try and run Xwindows on my mac but the
> > big problem I am running into is finding a video card driver.
>
> ?? If the kernel can recognize your monitor, then you can run X on it.
>
> AFAIK, all machines we run on support monochrome X (1-bit color). Supporting
> 8-bit color (or 8-bit grayscale) is a work-in-progress.

Oh, try again ;-)  There are several machine which support a basic
console (text, that is) but don't support the full grf device features.
Most of the Quadra's have this problem (it requires a little hack to get
them to work).  It's quite possible that this machine is one of the ones
having trouble.

Later.