Subject: Re: fs format and Install (Re: can't find libXpm4.7, mount union not
To: None <rhawkins@iastate.edu>
From: Masami and Ken Nakata <masami@fa2.so-net.or.jp>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 04/03/1997 09:08:17
On Wed, 02 Apr 1997 14:02:58 CST,
Rick Hawkins <rhawkins@iastate.edu> wrote:

> > The one with least impact on the existing installation is the
> > following, I think:
> >
> > 	1) make a new filesystem on a Zip disc with the NetBSD
> > 	newfs command (not with the Mkfs utility).
>
> hmm, this is becoming more of a problem than i thought.  I cannot for
> the life of me get the thing going. I get tones of "not a character
> device" erros, and at every turn, ther'se
>
> newfs /dev/sd2a

I think you have to specify a character (raw) device here, as newfs
complains to you.  Try /dev/rsd2a.

Okay, if newfs doesn't work for you, you can "convert" an *existing*
filesystem with fsck command.  fsck's "-c 2" option is the one you
want.

> speaking of which, what *should* i do when i land in the debugger?  all
> i've found so far is the power switch.

"call boot" should reboot the system.

BTW, I made a mistake in my previous post:

	(cd /usr; tar cf - .) | (cd /zip; tar zvf -)

Note these two differences from the previous one.

Ken