Subject: Re: ppp problems all over again.
To: xiamin <ingerrn@cris.com>
From: Colin Wood <ender@is.rice.edu>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 04/02/1997 13:38:21
> works almost nearly, i can telnet to an ip address (it even gives me an
> address for me machine!!!!!), but it cant find any domain names...and i
> added the nameserver entries to resolv.conf, with the right ips
> (199.3.12.2, 199.3.12.3, these are also in /etc/hosts), but it no werk...
> -xiamin

Looking at your header, I'd say that you might want to config a few files:

/etc/myname - should contain your hostname
/etc/defaultdomain - should contain your domain (although I don't think
			this one is necessary
/etc/mygate - should contain your gateway (if you have a dedicated one)

and make sure that you have either a 'domain' line or a 'search' line in
you /etc/resolv.conf

here's mine, for example:

search brown.rice.edu owlnet.rice.edu is.rice.edu rice.edu
nameserver 128.42.5.4
nameserver 128.42.42.24
nameserver 128.42.49.7
nameserver 128.42.1.30